- Posted by Camille Palandjian
- On 27 April 2017
- 0 Comments
Activus are a part of the wider Cegedim group, a global technology and services company specialising in the healthcare field.
The Cegedim group has more than 40 years of experience in the healthcare industry and employs 4,000 people in 11 countries worldwide
Activus are a leading worldwide supplier of application software and implementation services to the medical insurance, protection insurance and assistance markets. Formed in 1992 we have grown significantly over the last 5 years and became part of the Cegedim Group of companies in July 2015. We are a non-hierarchical company that prides itself on providing a friendly can-do culture where hard work and talent is recognised and rewarded. We occupy a central Bristol location.
The IT Support Desk is the central point of contact for all IT related incidents and service requests. The role of the Desktop Support Technician is to provide support for all staff both on site and at remote locations. The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for resolving support requests as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands. IT Support staff provide services over the phone, through e-mail, phone, in person and self-service. This is a hands on role operating under standard office hours but may require some out of hours work.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems and across a range of software applications.
- To assist all our users with any logged IT related incident when called upon.
- To take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to the IT Manager where necessary.
- To accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system.
- To install and configure new IT equipment.
- To resolve incidents and upgrade different types of software and hardware.
- To resolve incidents with printers and scanners.
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organisation.
- To be a highly motivated team player with the skills and ability to manage changing priorities.
- To create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist all staff/students in the quick resolution of their incidents and service requests and enable users to become more self-sufficient.
- Good IT skills and computer literacy.
- Previous experience in a customer service role and IT Support role.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a professional manner, face to face, on the phone and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate practical troubleshooting and problem analysis techniques.
- Good attention to detail and ability to show initiative.
- Ability to plan and prioritise work load without supervision.
- Willing to work flexibly and with enthusiasm.
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office
- IT based qualifications.
- Experience using Office 365.